Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To conserve biodiversity, wildlife habitat, recreation resources, scenic quality, and crop production, while protecting human health and safety, by facilitating cooperation and coordination among land managers and owners to reduce the threat of invasive species.
The Long Island Invasive Species Management Area (LIISMA) is a voluntary association of public and private land managers working together to prevent the spread of invasive species.
LIISMA brings together representatives from more than 50 government agencies, non-profits, and private businesses to discuss, share and learn from each other the latest invasives strategies and issues.
How we do it:
- Build partnerships and facilitate coordination among stakeholders.
- Train agency staff and volunteers in identification, prevention, mapping, monitoring, and management protocols.
- Rapidly detect and respond to new invaders.
- Monitor changes and evaluate results of management efforts.
- Elevate the profile of the invasive species issue through education and outreach with an emphasis on prevention measures and Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Establish new funding, policy, and management support at the State, County and Town levels.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!