Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
YNDC is committed to improving the quality of life in Youngstown by building and encouraging investment in neighborhoods of choice for all. We aim to accomplish this mission through a dual approach that includes strategic investments to rebuild market confidence in neighborhoods with strong assets, and broader partnership strategies to strengthen Youngstown’s community development capacity and the citywide infrastructure supporting neighborhood revitalization.
YNDC’s central purpose is to foster the transformation of vulnerable, undervalued and transitional neighborhoods into healthy neighborhoods of choice - places where people are willing to invest their time, energy and resources and where residents can manage their own problems. YNDC has set the following goals to guide its neighborhood transformation agenda:
- To rebuild market confidence in neighborhoods through strategic reinvestment and neighborhood improvement activities in focus neighborhoods.
- To strengthen the social fabric of neighborhoods through the active participation and involvement of residents and neighborhood organizations in planning and activities of YNDC.
- To encourage all community development actions in Youngstown to have a clear strategic outcome and every outcome to be leveraged to maximize its impact.
- To forge strong partnerships and effective collaboration among stakeholders to layer the resources necessary to be successful.
- To increase wealth and asset building through the appreciation of home values and other advancements.
- To foster the development of a new language for community development and revitalization.
- To operate in a manner that cultivates hope for positive community change among all residents of Youngstown.
- Expand the pool of public and private resources directed toward the revitalization of Youngstown’s neighborhoods.
Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation accepts donations. Donate Now.
- Anika Jacobs
- Need admin access?