Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization based in Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is to serve as an information clearinghouse dedicated to raising awareness about sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and stimulating attitudinal and behavioral changes that will help save more lives. Specifically, our mission is "to raise awareness and support programs that give 'ordinary’ people the power to save a life."
We aim to raise awareness about these key messages:
- SCA is a leading cause of death in the U.S;
- SCA is not the same as heart attack;
- SCA affects people of all ages, even the young;
- Survival from SCA depends largely upon immediate intervention by bystanders who call 9-1-1, provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use automated external defibrillators (AEDs);
- Laypersons should be prepared to provide CPR or chest compressions and use AEDs;
- Emerging therapies and technological advances (e.g., mild therapeutic hypothermia, implantable cardioverter defibrillator therapy) improve outcomes for SCA survivors.
- ICDs can also be used to prevent SCA in high-risk patients.
Our primary strategies for achieving our mission are:
- Development, continuous quality improvement, and marketing of a comprehensive, resource-rich website (www.sca-aware.org);
- Development and promotion of a virtual meeting place for people affected by SCA and other community advocates;
- Development and promotion of online registry of SCA survivors for the purpose of monitoring trends and facilitating awareness initiatives and research;
- Educational campaigns targeted to specific markets, e.g. secondary schools and higher education;
- Proactive outreach to the media.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!