Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The U.S. WOLF REFUGE is in existence to promote and protect the welfare of all wolves and wolf dogs throughout North America. Our overall goals are to return the wolf to its rightful place within our ecology and to promote healthy and harmonious relations between man and wolf dogs.
Provide extensive information and education services that inform present and prospective wolf and wolf-dog owners, as well as the general public about wolf and wolf-dog behavior, and about the human behavior required when dealing with them. Information is also presented on the history, evolution, the recovery programs, the present situation, and the future prognosis of these magnificent creatures.
- Study and research wolf and wolf-dog behavior and physiology to better understand their needs and to provide them a better quality of life.
- Take in and provide refuge to as many homeless and unwanted wolves and wolf-dogs as feasibly possible until they are found suitable permanent living situations.
- Locate permanent homes that meet all the physical, social, attitudinal, and financial requirements that are needed to assure these animals a safe haven for the remainder of their lives.
- Assist in any and all activities that are necessary to insure the successful enactment of the reintroduction program of the Mexican gray wolf, and that a viable, perpetual, self-sustaining population is returned to the wild of the southwest U.S.
- Be actively involved in the legislative, political, and legal process concerning all animal related regulations.
- Assist in the investigation of any suspected illegal or inhumane keeping of wolves or wolf dogs.
- Testify as an expert witness in cases that deal with any issues related to these animals.
- Tammy Boatwright
- 775-425-2675 or 775-475-0510
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!