Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Brain Injury Association of Vermont is to create a better future for brain injury and their families through prevention, education, advocacy and support.
Our vision is to bring Vermont to a place where brain injuries are prevented and those who already have a brain injury can get all the help they need.
We are the only organization in Vermont dedicated to serving people and advocating for those who have survived neurological trauma.
Our current programs include:
- Peer support and self-help support groups: 8 sponsored groups meet monthly across the state. Groups share info, give & get mutual support, and build community for families & survivors.
- Information and referral: our toll-free Helpline answers over 1000 calls a year from survivors, family members, and providers seeking information about the challenges of brain injury .
- Neuro Resource Facilitation: individualized goal-setting, & service planning for BI survivors & their family members, with a focus on work readiness & employment support.
- Brain injury prevention and education: offer on-site in-service training for providers, youth sports coaches and school staff on recognizing & responding to the symptoms of concussion & TBI.
- Veteran’s Outreach: support of our military veterans impacted by TBI.
- Lending Library & Website: free access to books, online resources about BI.
- Legislative Advocacy: to require medical evaluation of youth sports concussions, and expand resources available to BI survivors for community care & treatment.
- Annual Brain Injury Conference: Over 400 stakeholders participated in 2010.
- Walk for Thought: annual event that grows our base, motivates contributions & educates participants, donors & the public about TBI.
- Larry Lewack
- (802) 244-6850
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!