Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
1. Provide a major program for the enrichment of students in Gwinnett County and the surrounding areas.
2. To meet the changing academic, social, and leadership needs of our youth across the age span.
3. To address specific needs and preparatory skills required for admission into college, but more importantly, staying and completing collegiate endeavors.
4. To conduct workshops and modules focusing on critical life skills areas.
5. To address areas of concern related to the professional and academic development of our youth.
6. To aid humanity in it’s effort to achieve a higher social, economic, and intellectual status.
7. To do any and all lawful activities which may be necessary, useful, or desirable for the furtherance, accomplishment, fostering, or attaining of the forgoing purposes, either directly or indirectly, and either alone or in conjunction or cooperation with others, whether such others shall be persons or organization of any kind of nature, such as corporations, firms, association, trusts, institution, foundations, or government bureaus, departments or agencies.
The LEAD Foundation, Inc., a non-profit entity, is committed to making long-term changes to sustain the viability of our communities. We are focused on "developing tomorrow's leaders today" through leadership development opportunities that extend classroom learning.
Our cornerstone program is the A.L.P.H.A (Alpha Leadership Program for Higher Achievement) Program; an 11-week program with a longstanding history of student success. The program is designed to target middle and high school students (grades 6 through 12) to address specific needs and preparatory skills required for professional, leadership and social development, academic excellence and higher personal achievement. Workshops and modules focus on, but are not limited to, the following critical areas: College Preparation, Career Planning, Interviewing Skills, Resume Writing, Professional Etiquette and Attire, Fiscal Responsibility, Health Management, Leadership Training and Development, Technology Awareness, Critical Thinking and Analysis, and Public Speaking/Oratorical Skills. The program finishes with a week-long college tour during Gwinnett County's spring break.
Over the years, we have extended our services to further meet the needs of our students throughout the year. We offer summer enrichment programs hosted on college campuses, fall programs such as emergency college admission preparation for current juniors and seniors and male-only empowerment lock-ins.
The foundation’s commitment to community uplift and programming reinforces the notion of our focus and commitment to the education and development of our youth. The foundation provides extensive support for all of these activities through charitable giving, grants, and other related programs and events. Therefore, we bid your support and assistance in realizing the short-term and long-term benefits of these initiatives.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!