Supply Our Schools is essentially a gift registry for teachers in US public schools - Teachers specify what they need and Donors purchase supplies that are sent straight to the Teacher.
The process is simple:
- Any Teacher in a US Public School can set up a Supply List of items they need for their classroom. For an example, see the Supply List created by Ms. S. , a teacher in Oregon: http://www.supplyourschools.org/donor-supply-detail-nonmem.asp?TeacherID=45.
- Any Donor can buy, through a secure PayPal transaction, whatever supplies they want for any teacher they want. Browse all available supply lists here: http://www.supplyourschools.org/browse-supp-list.asp. SOS sends the supplies directly to the teachers.
- Once the teacher gets the supplies, they enter the receipt date and thank you notes from their students. These notes are available for the Donor to see. If the Donor mentioned an honoree in the donation, the supply receipt and notes are also sent to the honoree. Here is a thank you note from a student in Oregon:
"Wow! My own notebook! I really missed being able to use one notebook for all of my classes, but my parents both lost their jobs recently and the economy has been really bad. I know a notebook may seem like a silly gift to some people, but I was so excited when Mrs. T. gave me 2! Now I can put all my school stuff for Day 1 in one notebook and everything for Day 2 in the second. I really appreciate your generosity. Please continue to give to our schools. You are making a difference!"
Read more thank you notes from teachers and students around the country: http://www.supplyourschools.org/donor-TYNotes.asp?DonationID=42.
How can you help? Two simple ways:
1. Buy school supplies now: http://www.supplyourschools.org/browse-supp-list.asp
2. Forward this information to everyone you know and tell them about SOS.
Suppyl Our Schools is supported by the Rotary Club of Vienna, Virgnia.