Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is committed to provide high quality public safety services to our constituents to create an environment in which all may enjoy optimum quality of life and economic prosperity.
The mission of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department is the protection of life and property, the preservation of the public peace and the enforcement of the law in partnership with our communities. To accomplish our mission, we dedicate ourselves to service with concern.
Concern for our community:
- Protect and serve our diverse community to the best of our ability
- Treat all with candor, empathy and respect
- Be accountable to the public trust
- Develop strength through partnerships and collaboration
Concern for our duties:
- Provide an individualized and innovative approach to each situation
- Act with courage in the face of adversity
- Lead through exemplary conduct, appearance and demeanor
- Strive for excellence through self-improvement, education and training
Concern for our fellow employees:
- Treat each other with respect, courtesy and fairness
- Encourage and accept the flow of communication
- Ensure positive recognition and encouragement of all employees
- Be a reliable teammate
Concern for our profession:
- Maintain ethical behavior both on and off the job
- Serve with honesty, loyalty and integrity
- Recognize the legacy created by our actions
- Respect the history and traditions of our agency
Invest yourself in your community!
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Volunteer Program is comprised of various different volunteer groups that have very specific roles in complimenting our department with addressing the community’s needs. These volunteer groups consist of: Volunteers In Partnership with the Sheriff (V.I.P.S.), Volunteer Reserve Deputy Sheriff Unit, Search and Rescue, Drowning Accident Rescue Team (DART), Sacramento County Sheriff’s Amateur Radio Program (SHARP), College Interns, and the Explorer/Cadet program.
Our V.I.P.S. volunteers are trained to perform a variety of tasks within their community which include: working in a Service Center assisting citizens with community issues and problems, crime reports, vacation checks, fingerprinting of children, performing high-visibility patrols, record keeping, filing and data entry functions, assisting in searching for missing children and adults, assisting with crime prevention and safety fairs, and assisting at DUI checkpoints.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is looking for citizens of our community who would like to volunteer their services to work with our law enforcement professionals. Our volunteers bring their experiences and skills to enhance the services provided by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department to our community. We do our best to match the interests and skills of the volunteers with the needs of our department. If you are at least 18 years of age, looking for a meaningful way to help the community that you live in, and are interested in becoming a part of the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department’s V.I.P.S. program, please contact us!