River Revitalization Foundation
Location2134 N. Riverboat Rd.Milwaukee, WI 53212 United States
The mission of the River Revitalization Foundation is to establish a parkway for public access, walkways, recreation and education, bordering the Milwaukee, Menomonee and Kinnickinnic Rivers; to use the rivers to revitalize surrounding neighborhoods; and to improve water quality. From the past to the future, we are committed to the return of this vital natural resource for all as Milwaukee's urban rivers land trust.
The River Revitalization Foundation advocates environmental conservation, public access and sensitive recreation in metro Milwaukee’s river watersheds.
To address critical land use issues and further the greenway concept, our primary focus includes ensuring:
- Public access
- Preservation of the River Valley
- Preservation of green space in a dense urban area
- Riparian buffers against encroaching development
- Links with neighborhoods on both sides of the river
- Conservation of critical habitat and wildlife areas
By convening partners with shared vision, values and mission, we can influence planning decisions made along this corridor.