Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mounds View Public Schools will educate learners through a broad range of programs that set high expectations and inspire outstanding achievement.
Our Vision Mounds View Public Schools is a District committed to and focused on high student achievement through a comprehensive approach that integrates the key components of learning:
• Healthy learning climate
• Shared leadership and accountability
• Essential curriculum, delivered through the use of instructional technology/effective instruction, delivered with a personalized approach
• Meaningful family and community partnerships
• Financial oversight and stewardship of resources
• Continuous improvement Our Values
1. We believe curriculum outcomes and instructional strategies must offer opportunities for successful learning and high student achievement.
2. We believe we must frequently assess and evaluate student performance and program effectiveness in order to assure continuous growth.
3. We believe a respectful, secure, and motivating environment promotes successful learning.
4. We believe parents and the community deserve frequent, consistent, and open communications with Mounds View Public Schools.
5. We believe community-wide awareness and support of our schools will lead to a stronger advocacy of educational goals.
6. We believe teacher leadership and professional development are essential to continuous improvement of the instructional program.
7. We believe teamwork with parents, teachers and the community, a shared decision-making process, and collaborative leadership are essential for school improvement and for students to achieve at high levels.
8. We believe diversity strengthens Mounds View Public Schools, and we are
committed to deepening our understanding of racial and socioeconomic factors in academic performance and discovering new strategies for closing all achievement gaps.
9. We believe students deserve highly skilled, well-trained and dedicated teachers.
10. We believe all staff members must be responsible for their individual development and contribute to the overall development of Mounds View Public Schools.
11. We believe through personalized learning opportunities all students share a responsibility for their learning.
12. We believe that students who feel a sense of belonging or connectedness to their school are more likely to experience success inside and outside the classroom.
We are a school focused on individual students and their success. We also believe in educating the "Whole Child" (socially, emotionally and academically.)
With nearly a third of our enrollment comprised of students of color, we are growing culturally and feel privileged to serve over 30 languages and 17 different cultures at Highview; we consider ourselves a small microcosm of the world right in the friendly New Brighton area! Aside from academic rigor and high standards, we also hire and retain highly qualified and very friendly staff at Highview. With the goal of having all students connected to their school, whether through a positive relationship with a Highview staff member, or through a school-related activity, we aim to offer a wide range of after-school activities to engage students and help them to feel connected to Highview.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!