Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy is dedicated to creating a treatment and cure by:
- Funding and advancing a comprehensive research program;
- Supporting SMA families through networking, information and services;
- Improving care for all SMA patients;
- Educating health professionals and the public about SMA;
- Enlisting government support for SMA;
- Embracing all touched by SMA in a caring community.
Our vision is a world where Spinal Muscular Atrophy is treatable and curable.
In 1984, a small group of parents across the country banded together to support, comfort and educate each other about the devastating disease affecting their children; Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Their purpose was twofold--to support families affected by SMA and to fund research leading to a treatment and eventually, a cure. Families of SMA has grown from this courageous group of families to an international network of fundraising and support including 30 volunteer Chapters throughout the United States.
Since 1984, our legacy is one of unparalleled research progress and patient support, from grassroots fundraising to global scientific leadership. Families of SMA has funded over $50 million of SMA research in three areas: Basic Research, Drug Development and Clinical Trials.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!