Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Purrfect Pals Rescue is to rescue, raise and safely re-home orphaned or abandoned kittens and cats in order to reduce overpopulation and decrease euthanasia rates in Austin area shelters. It is also our purpose to assist, when possible, with TNRM (trap, neuter, release, maintain) efforts for feral cats, while working to educate the public about local resources available to sterilize cats, in order to reduce over-population and decrease euthanasia rates at city animal impound centers and other area shelters.
1) Take in and raise orphaned kittens and cats in the homes of individuals who foster for the group.
2) Provide medical care for sick and injured kittens and cats.
3) Conduct weekend adoption events that enable the public to meet the kittens and cats. These events also present an opportunity to educate the community about the need for and local resources available to sterilize cats, thus curtailing over-population.
4) Screen applications and interview prospective adopters, then place kittens and cats in permanent homes
5) Recruit and train volunteers to foster kittens, including specialized training and mentoring support to people raising newborn kittens that require bottle-feeding.
6) Participate in TNRM (trap, neuter, release, maintain) efforts where needed, and as volunteer resources allow.