Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Lutheran Family Health Centers is a federally qualified health center network dedicated to meeting the health and human service needs of the underserved communities of southwest and central Brooklyn. Lutheran Family Health Centers(LFHC) Department of Community-Based Programs has provided educational and supportive services for community residents of southwest Brooklyn for over 35 years. Our work is grounded in the holistic philosophy that is the foundation of LFHC's orientation to community health - that health depends upon such factors as psychosocial, familial, economic, housing, educational, and employment status. We are committed to affirming each family's cultural, ethnic and linguistic identities and using community social work practices, to ensure that our programs are always responsive to evolving family and community issues in the context of a diverse, multicultural society.
We offer the following areas of expertise:
- Culturally competent programming that meets the needs of the diverse populations, particularly new immigrant families, in our community. These programs include: Adult Basic Education, GED-prep, English Classes, Family Support Services, Day Care Centers, After-school Programming, AmeriCorps Service Opportunities, HIV Peer Education, Youth Development, and Services for Older Adults.
- Strong collaborative relationships with community partners to create integrated service delivery systems.
- A model of community building, that promotes participatory management and supports relationship and community involvement at all levels.
- Recognizing that families are resources to their own members, to other families, to programs and to communities.
- Advocating for services and systems that are fair, responsive and accountable to the families served. Mobilizing formal and informal resources to support family development.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!