Minneapolis Women's Rotary
Location7300 Metro Blvd, Suite #630C/O Thiel, Anderson, Kukla & Gunderson P.L.L.P.Minneapolis, MN 55439 United States
We are a service organization. Members vote every two years on the charity or charities that we support. Currently we support an ongoing memorial education fund and endowment fund, focused on scholoarships for non-traditional female students with the intent to help women continue their undergraduate education. We also support the Jeremiah Program, which assists single mothers and their children to break the cycle of poverty by providing a campus community where they can prosper.
Today's Minneapolis Women's Rotary organization embraces our rich century-long traditions and encourages the networking and friendship that come from the time that we spend together.
- Founded in 1911, incorporated in 1912
- Carrying forward the moto "Service not self"
- Supporting women's education through scholarship
- Only Women's Rotary in the world
- 501(c)3 charitable organization
- Meetings once per month from September through May (typically the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
Our scholarship focuses on "women interrupted," non-traditional female students who will use the college degree as a means to change or improve their lives.
Women who are awarded The Minneapolis Women’s Rotary Memorial Education Fund scholarship will also receive:
- Emotional Support and encouragement from the Women’s Rotary members
- Guest membership in the Corporation during the period of their scholarship, providing a connections and networking opportunities with a group of professional women