South Florida SPCA Horse and Livestock Rescue
LocationP.O. Box 924088Homestead, FL 33031 United States
The mission of the South Florida SPCA is: To rescue, provide medical treatment, shelter, and care for horses and other animals. To rehabilitate the animals and place them in permanent foster homes. To promote the welfare and well-being of animals through education. To educate the public on responsible animal care and ownership and the value of every life.
The main operating program of South Florida SPCA is the rescue of abused and neglected horses and other animals, their care, and rehabilitation.
Other important programs include:
- Placing recovered animals in appropriate homes for adoption
- Volunteer programs cover many aspects of working with the animals, their care, and helping the organization
- Community service hours are offered to anyone who volunteers
- A variety of educational and community service programs are offered as this is vital to recognizing and preventing abuse and neglect
- Hands-on programs at our facility are a wonderful learning experience
- Education to improve the care of horses and other animals in the South Florida area