Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Nevada Women’s Fund is dedicated to strengthening our community by empowering women to improve their lives and those of their families.
Co-Founders Lynn Atcheson, Maya Miller, Barbara C. Thornton
Founded in 1982 by concerned women who wanted the best for the women and families of northern Nevada, NWF was established to correct the then national imbalance of financial distribution from traditional resources that resulted in less than 6% of grants going to women and children. Since 1983, NWF distributions are over $7.7 million.
NWF works with community donors and supporters to raise financial contributions and other resources to support northern Nevada women and families. We identify critical social needs and address them through award of individual education scholarships and grant making to northern Nevada non-profit organizations that share the NWF mission to strengthen and empower our community.
Fundraising Activities and Events
NWF supports its grant making and scholarship activities through two annual fundraising events; contributions from generous individual donors; and earned income from its endowment.
NWF at a Glance
- Founded in 1982
- Scholarship and grant distributions began in 1983
- Since 1983: $3,664,740 in grant funding has been awarded to 158 community organizations
- Since 1983: $4,003,144 in scholarships to 1,704 women
- Endowment value: $2,723,678 (Dec. 31, 2018)
- Since 1992: 1,822 women have been honored through the Fund’s Salute to Women of Achievement event