Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Global Camps Africa changes the lives of South Africa's vulnerable children and youth by providing HIV/AIDS prevention education and training through a high-impact residential camp experience and continuing education, equipping young people with the life skills that will support them in becoming safe and productive adults who have hope for the future.
Global Camps Africa’s Camp Sizanani holds three 8-day sessions a year, for at least 420 HIV affected campers annually, on a rented site an hour from Johannesburg. After a life-changing week at camp, the children then have the opportunity to attend our Saturday Youth Clubs which meet bi-weekly at 6 different locations, with a total of 650-1,000 kids attending on a single day.
- Coed and single gender camps serve South African youth, ages 11 to 19, from Soweto and other poverty stricken areas and townships.
- Seven 1-hour classes each day with critical life skills woven into each component in addition to special life skills classes.
- HIV/AIDS prevention education
- Theater, storytelling, dancing and drumming, poetry
- Arts and crafts
- Adventure and Teamwork
- Evening programs include campfires, skits, games, and issues discussions.