Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Embracing Excellence In All We Do
Providing end of life care that encompasses the physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs of our patients and families. We resolve to be the hospice provider of choice for our patients, families, employees, investors and for our community.
Hospice is a concept of care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to curative treatments. It's goal is to provide quality time through the last days of a patients life, while offering comfort and dignity.
A few key points related to hospice:
- Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death
- Hospice affirms life and regards dying as a normal process
- Hospice provides an interdisciplinary team approach
- Hospice focuses on quality of life
- Hospice promotes honest communication
- Hospice deals with the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of care
- Hospice is very family oriented.. It is in fact, the only health care provider that can be cited for not taking care of the family as well as the patient.
- Hospice offers a variety of bereavement and counseling services both prior to, and after the patients death.
- Hospice provides all aspects of palliative care
- Karen Westbrook
- Need admin access?