Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Arthritis Foundation Mission
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
Did You Know
- Fifty million Americans are affected by some form of arthritis
- Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in theUnited States
- More than half of those affected are under age 65
- Over 4.1 million Texans including more than 460,000 inSan Antonioendure the pain and suffering of arthritis
- Nationally, 300,000 children have Juvenile Arthritis including nearly 25,000 inTexasand an estimated 2,800 in theSan Antonioarea
- There are more than 100 forms of arthritis, an auto-immune disease
- Our major focus is on patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Juvenile Arthritis
Arthritis Foundation efforts center on the three-fold mission of the organization: prevention, control and cure through research, public health, and advocacy. Raising awareness leads to early diagnosis, early intervention, and can slow down the progression of the disease. In many cases it can save lives.
Research to Find a Cure
- Locally we support a peer reviewed research program
- Nationally more than $10 million is spent annually on research
- Locally we provide educational forums and a speaker's bureau
- We distribute materials in response to hundreds of requests each month
- We train instructors for exercise programs held all over theSouth Texasarea
- Locally and nationally, we advocate for legislation that will improve the lives of those who suffer and that will fund research to find a cure
- Patricia Bodet
- Need admin access?