Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Un Sabado Gigante in Engineering intends to:
- Inspire students to set higher goals for themselves and show that they can achieve success through education and science
- Decrease the gap between the Hispanic community and available opportunities
- Increase middle school student's interest in engineering, math and science (STEM)
- Make engineering and science professionals available to students and parents to eliminate the mystique that exists in obtaining a career in engineering and science
- 300-400 middle school students participating in the event
- Students will show an increase in confidence in their ability to succeed in a career in engineering, math or science and an improved understanding of the opportunities available through education
- Parents will have a better understanding of the college process, availability of funding and the educational opportunities available to their children
- Provide leadership opportunities for local Hispanic volunteers
Un Sabado Gigante in Engineering is a free one-day program designed to inspire 500 plus middle school students about engineering and science.
The program incorporates hands-on opportunities for students while making the activities enjoyable. The students and parents participate in two workshops throughout the day. Each student workshop includes a project involving student participation that focuses on Engineering and Science applications in the real-world. The parents'workshops consist of tutorials on the college application process and support opportunities, as well as lectures on overall advantages of a college education. All workshops are offered in both Spanish and English.
After the workshop the students will rotate between partner rooms that showcase different engineering engineering and science-related disciplines. This time will be an opportunity for students to view the presentations and demonstrations from companies and organizations in the Austin area.
Lunch will be provided
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!