Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Un Sabado Gigante in Engineering intends to:
- Inspire students to set higher goals for themselves and show that they can achieve success through education and science
- Decrease the gap between the Hispanic community and available opportunities
- Increase middle school student's interest in engineering, math and science (STEM)
- Make engineering and science professionals available to students and parents to eliminate the mystique that exists in obtaining a career in engineering and science
- 300-400 middle school students participating in the event
- Students will show an increase in confidence in their ability to succeed in a career in engineering, math or science and an improved understanding of the opportunities available through education
- Parents will have a better understanding of the college process, availability of funding and the educational opportunities available to their children
- Provide leadership opportunities for local Hispanic volunteers
Un Sabado Gigante in Engineering is a free one-day program designed to inspire 500 plus middle school students about engineering and science.
The program incorporates hands-on opportunities for students while making the activities enjoyable. The students and parents participate in two workshops throughout the day. Each student workshop includes a project involving student participation that focuses on Engineering and Science applications in the real-world. The parents'workshops consist of tutorials on the college application process and support opportunities, as well as lectures on overall advantages of a college education. All workshops are offered in both Spanish and English.
After the workshop the students will rotate between partner rooms that showcase different engineering engineering and science-related disciplines. This time will be an opportunity for students to view the presentations and demonstrations from companies and organizations in the Austin area.
Lunch will be provided
- Lawrence Ramirez
- (512) 293-7691
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!