Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mothers Raising Sons, mission is to establish, educate, enthuse and empower support single parents raising boys household that promote proper guidance for positive family structure. To provide the male youth or children with the foundation, structure and independence needed to achieve their potential of becoming productive and success adults for their family and community.
MRS MOTTO: A mother cannot be a father nor a positive male role model to her son(s), but she tries to play the role!
MRS meets the challenges of a boy being raised by a female to adulthood through a coordinated, progressive series of programs:
- Mentoring: provide a compatible same sex role model for the boys
- Support Groups: provide mother & son opportunities to voice their concerns and identify issues affecting the family
- Seminars & Workshops: teach life skills techniques
- Referrals: provide mothers with information on community resources
- Support Services: tutorial assistance, childcare (reading) and nutritious meals for participants
- Conference - Mother & Son 1 day event "TO CAUSE A CHANGE"
- Afterschool Program - Providing activities for males afterschool
- Court Orders One on One Parenting Classes - Personal counseling gear toward a specific area of parenting
- Activities: same sex ventures and family outings designed to promote family unity, implement social skills and cultivate a sense of belonging