Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The unique mission of the the Rock & Roll Library (RRL) is to distinctly recognize the historical and cultural significance of popular music. Our education vision weaves popular music and culture into the fabric of educational curriculum.
The Rock & Roll Library is a non-profit organization working to build the world's largest music information archive while promoting the use of popular music in education.
The Aim of the Rock & Roll Library:
- To find, document, preserve and archive the correct lyrics of published songs beginning with the 20th Century, providing correct information about each song's composer and recording artists, as well as its social significance, audience reception, and recording history.
- To promote music education and the use of popular music in education. This includes an archive of lesson plans that integrate popular music into all areas of academic study. This lesson plan archive will be provided as a free resource to educators worldwide at www.Rocklibrary.com.
- To maintain a web site that will house our findings. This web site is available to the public free of charge at www.Rocklibrary.com.
- To produce Feedback, a newsletter free to our members; beginning as a quarterly publication.
- To build a state of the art library filled with writings, photographs and video of and about Rock & Roll and its lyrics.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!