Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
ANIMAL ADOPTION CENTER WILL: ...house and care for rescued and unwanted companion animals in a no-kill environment; ...shelter, nurture, and support rescued animals until they find their permanent homes; ...give care with compassion; ...humanely end the suffering of an animal if it is irrecoverably ill, injured, or incapacitated; ...provide spay/neuter services for all rescued animals that enter the shelter; ...educate our community regarding the humane care and handling of companion animals; ...be thoughtful and supportive with our animals, our community, and each other.
Animal Adoption Center was established in 1990 in Lindenwold, NJ. We are a private non-profit charitable 501(c)(3) no-kill animal welfare organization that annually serves 700-800 pets and families through adoption, spay/neuter, behavioral, medical, and humane education programs.
Animal Adoption Center will provide temporary shelter and care to rescued and surrendered cats and dogs from the Camden County area, as well as to animals received via non-local rescue partners, for the purpose of finding them suitable and permanent new homes.
- To be a model no-kill shelter, providing suitable and permanent homes in a timely fashion for every animal that can be saved;
- To be an exemplary shelter in Camden County through thoughtful business practices and exceptional customer service;
- To implement an innovative and successful business model for shelter, foster, and sanctuary partnerships.
- Maintain or increase the number of successful adoptions via existing programs;
- Innovate in working with rescue partners, private animal welfare agencies, and municipal animal welfare agencies to implement new and effective programs to increase adoptions;
- Maintain fiscally responsible business practices;
- Provide transparency regarding operations and finances to constituents and supporters;
- Practice responsible governance of the organization via the trustees.