Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NFTE's mission is to provide entrepreneurship education programs to young people from low-income communities. It is NFTE's vision that every student will find a pathway to prosperity.
NFTE partners with schools and community based organizations to implement its award-winning, experiential curriculum. NFTE provides ongoing support to these programs through teacher professional development and training, technical assistance, curriculum and other program materials, field trips, volunteer engagement and alumni services.
NFTE New England will reach over 1,200 students this year throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.
NFTE New England currently supports programs at:
- Brighton High School
- Boys & Girls Club of North Central Massachusetts
- Charlestown High School
- East Boston High School
- Excel High School
- Josiah Quincy Upper School
- MY TURN, Inc. (Plymouth, Quincy, Brockton, Leominster, Pawtucket, Nashua and Manchester)
- Greater Lawrence Technical School
- Joseph P. Keefe Technical High School
- Lawrence High School
- Leominster High School
- Lowell Community Charter Public School
- Malden High School
- New Bedford High School
- The Met School (Providence and Newport, RI)
- Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Springfield Technical Community College
The culminating project for each student is writing and presenting a business plan. Students compete for seed capital of $50 - $10,000 at various stages of competition.
Through the curriculum, activities and field trips, NFTE teaches young people to think like entrepreneurs - take calculated risks and create opportunities - so that they can take control of their futures.
- Laura Scarlett
- (781) 239-5863
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!