Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The objective of the Fund is to recognize through scholarships demonstrated achievement across the spectrum of academics, the arts, athletics, and community and religious service.
The Kevin M. Eidt Memorial Scholarship Fund was established through the generosity of the many people Kevin touched in his short life. Kevin, an 18-year-old dean's list freshman in the honors program atBostonCollege, passed away from cardiac arrest on January 23, 1997 while playing intramural basketball. Kevin set the example of the passion and sincerity we should bring to each day. He was an individual with vision, commitment, abiding hope, aspirations, and compassion. And when we look back, it was a life, albeit a glimpse of life, by which people can be measured and judged by.
The 2011 scholarships supported by Kevin's Fund are:
- $100,000 to a graduating senior at Norwalk HS with demonstrated achievement across the spectrum of academics, arts, athletics, and community and religious service.
- $7,000 to a junior atBostonCollegein theSchoolofManagement Honors Programwho has demonstrated the unique combination of academic achievement, character, leadership, and school spirit similar to Kevin’s.
- $4,000 to a graduating senior in theSt. Jeromeparish youth group with demonstrated commitment to community and religious service.
- $1,000 to a graduating senior at Norwalk HS who as a member of the Marching Band achieved the highest cumulative grade point average similar to Kevin’s accomplishment.
- $1,000 to a graduating senior at Norwalk HS who has made an outstanding contribution to the Jazz program.
- $1,000 to a graduating senior at Norwalk HS who has made an outstanding contribution to the Orchestra program.
- $1,000 to a graduating senior who has made an outstanding contribution to Norwalk HS both as a scholar and as an athlete
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!