Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We empower individuals, support families and strengthen communities.
Volunteers are vital to EveryStep Hospice.
Volunteers carry out a multitude of tasks every day, including:
- Caring for patients in their homes and in nursing care facilities
- Sitting with patients while family steps out
- Assisting with homemaking duties
- Running errands
- Helping out at EveryStep Giving Tree stores
- Transporting patients to appointments
- Assisting with administrative tasks at EveryStep Hospice locations
- Greeting visitors to our hospice houses
- Bringing baked goods to patients and families
- Helping care for the grounds at our hospice houses
- Sitting with patients at the 11th hour
- Bringing their own talents to the table
Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program
Our Veteran-to-Veteran Program is a special service pairing veterans who are volunteers with patients who have served our country. Veteran Partners provide companionship while talking, reading and sitting with patients. Sometimes veterans feel most comfortable sharing their experiences with fellow veterans.
EveryStep Hospice Giving Tree thrift stores
EveryStep Hospice operates two thrift stores (Urbandale, IA and Des Moines, IA) where proceeds from donations and sales support patients and families served by EveryStep Hospice. Learn more at Everystepgivingtree.org.