Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Proyecto Horizonte is a non-profit organization within the settlement of Ushpa-Ushpa in Cochabamaba, Bolivia.
Our mission is to help the local people attain a brighter future. We work together with the community to set up and run projects in Education, Healthcare and Community Development.
We aim to provide the local people with the education and skills they need for a better life. We believe in their ability to progress towards becoming a developed society.
Our vision is to provide a base for sustainable development that will empower the community of Ushpa-Ushpa and act as a blueprint for other organizations tackling similar challenges.
We strive to change lives for the better through Education, Healthcare and Community Development programs.
Education - education is key to empowering local communities, our education initiatives include:
- a kindergarten, primary and secondary school serving over 800 children quality education.
- a Night School providing adults with access to university recognized high school diplomas.
- a computer lab to ensure children are computer literate.
Healthcare - we aim to provide each community member access to affordable healthcare through:
- our Health Center equipped with general and dental consultation rooms, a tuberculosis treatment room, a diagnostic laboratory and a pharmacy.
Community Development - we believe in the importance of a holistic approach to development, we endeavour to enrich lives through:
- community education workshops; teaching children and their parents about nutrition, sexual health and oral hygiene to name but a few.
- sports and arts programs to combat youth gang problems and to help broaden young minds.
- women's groups to improve the social and economic potential of local women.
- micro-finance and micro-enterprise to help create sustainable employment.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!