Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to be a proactive, dynamic support group to all people who have Down syndrome and their families.
Our purpose is to:
- Empower parents of children with Down syndrome, young and old, by providing up-to-date information and resources.
- Pursue inclusion of individuals who have Down syndrome in all areas of life so they embrace opportunities to contribute and be valued members of society.
- Dispel myths, promote positive awareness, and emphasize abilities of people with Down syndrome to parents, educators, physicians, therapists, and the general public.
- Advocate and defend the human and civil rights of persons with Down syndrome.
The Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization will be a driving force in our community, generating acceptance and belonging of individuals with Down syndrome. We will create a society in which people with Down syndrome can involve themselves in activities that will assist in their personal development. This will include their choice to pursue a higher education level, better employment opportunities, and a variety of recreational activities, all without prejudice or discrimination.
Gold Coast Down Syndrome strives to raise awareness and advocate for high expectations and acceptance of individuals with Down syndrome so that as adults they can live, learn, work and play in their community. Our programs include:
- Home visits to families of new babies in collaboration with Early Steps
- New Parent Packets in local hospitals
- General Resource Information and Referral by email or telephone
- Counseling on Prenatally and Postnatally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act
- Social Groups for families of individuals with Down syndrome of all ages
- Tiny Tots Birth to 3
- Preschool Playgroup 3-K
- Inbetweeners K-12
- Teen Club 13-21
- Young Adults/Adults over 21
- D.A.D.S. Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome
- Outreach to families speaking other languages
- The Learning Program
- Resource Lending Library
- Educational Advocacy and IEP Assistance
- Exceptional Educators Program
- The Buddy Walk
- Next Chapter Book Club
- Public Speaking Training for Self-Advocates
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!