Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Northeast Massachusetts Youth Orchestras (NMYO) is to create the opportunity for young musicians to join a musical community that provides a nurturing and challenging learning environment, promotes excellence and serves diverse audiences through performance and outreach. NYSO does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic background, gender, financial ability or physical disability.
Welcome to NMYO. Under the musical direction of Gerald Dolan, NMYO offers ensemble experience to young musicians in the area. NMYO attracts students from more than 40 North Shore, Merrimack Valley, southern New Hampshire and southern Maine communities.
NMYO offers the following ensembles:
- Symphony Orchestra, comprised primarily of high school musicians playing orchestral instruments.
- Intermezzo Orchestra, comprised primarily of middle school musicians playing orchestral instruments.
- Overture and Prelude String Ensembles, for elementary and middle school students seeking ensemble experience with violin, viola, cello and bass.
- Wind Ensemble, for advanced wind instrument players.
- Clarinet Choir, for clarinet players at all levels.
- Junior Flute Choir, Flute Choir and Select Flute Choir.
Membership in all ensembles is by audition:
We are usually able to find a place for any serious young musician. All ensembles except the flute choirs rehearse every Monday afternoon during the school year at Masconomet High School in Topsfield. The flute choirs rehearse on afternoons at the Trinity Episcopal Church, down the road from Masconomet.
Special NMYO programs include
- Enrichment Days
- Chamber Music Program
- Outreach Concerts
- Community Service Opportunities
The Northeast Massachusetts Youth Orchestras, Inc. (NMYO), a new nonprofit organization, was created to be the successor to the Northshore Youth Symphony Orchestra (NYSO) which recently closed its doors after serving young musicians for twenty years. We are pleased that NMYO will be able to continue to offer the same programs, the same outstanding musical staff, and the excellent musical training to 175 young musicians from the North Shore, Merrimack Valley, southern New Hampshire and southern Maine towns.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!