Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patient's and their families.
The Light the Night Walk is one of our fundraisers.
LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
The Light the Night Walk is one of our fundraiser activities.Light The Night Walk:
Taking Steps To Cure Cancer TM
Each year, in communities all across the United States and Canada teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS's) Light The Night Walk events and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers.
Every Light The Night walker is encouraged to become a Champion For Cures by raising $100 or more to help fight blood cancer.Funds raised by teams and individual walkers provide:
- Lifesaving blood cancer research
- Free educational materials and events for patients and their families
- Local programs such as Family Support Groups and First Connection, a peer-to-peer counseling program
- Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Center
Light The Night Walk events are evenings filled with inspiration. During this leisurely walk, walkers carry illuminated balloons - white for survivors, red for supporters and gold in memory of loved ones lost to cancer - thousands of walkers - men, women and children - form a community of caring, bringing light to the dark world of cancer.Quick facts about Walk night:
- Illuminated balloons, Light the Night T-shirts and a wrist band entitling walkers to enjoy food and refreshments are provided to all walkers who become a Champion For Cures by raising $100 or more to help fight blood cancer.
- The Walk is done at a leisurely pace and takes less than an hour to complete.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome. However, for everyone's safety, bicycles, inline skates, wheelie footwear, skateboards and scooters are not allowed.
- Walks take place rain or shine.
- Pets? Please check with the nearest chapter about bringing pets.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!