Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Medical Reserve Corps is a team of pre-identified, trained and credentialed volunteers who augment local community health and medical services during disasters and other public health activities. These volunteers include physicians, nurses, dentists, veterinarians, pharmacists, other health and medical professionals, as well as others who are willing to support the MRC and Manatee County.
Information about the MRC, Application materials, and upcoming meetings are available at www.ManateeMRC.com
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) supplements other health and medical resources during times of disaster and other health emergencies. Once members complete the application, credentialing, and initial training, they will participate in additional training, exercises/drills, and other activities.
The MRC can be called upon to assist in various ways including:
- Operating Medical Aid Stations
- Responding to Mass Casualty events to support EMS and other resources
- Assist in the operation mass immunizations during events like H1N1
- Participate in the operation of Special Needs Shelters during evacuations such as hurricanes
- Other missions as appropriate to support the community during its greatest time of need