Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of Guardianship Services is to provide a continuum of temporary and permanent guardianship services and other law-related and case management services for incapacitated adults who are under the jurisdiction of the Probate Court in Vanderburgh County.
The organization will fulfill its purpose by using a mix of volunteers, attorneys and professional social service/case management staff members to offer a full array of guardianship and other related programs and services that include, but are not limited to:
- Providing services to facilitate the appointment and administration of legal guardianships for incapacitated adults;
- Recruiting, training and supervising community volunteers who serve as temporary and permanent guardians;
- Annually monitoring the quality of guardianship services available in the community;
- Educating the general public and the medical, mental health, social services, residential service and legal services provider communities about the need for guardianship services and the capacity of the organization to meet those needs; and
- Providing information and referral services regarding guardianship issues to the general public.