Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to decrease deaths due to lung cancer and to help patients live longer and better through research, awareness and advocacy.
Our goals are to:
- Raise awareness of the deadly impact of lung cancer upon both women and men
- Increase funding for lung cancer research
- Improve patient care by educating and empowering patients and health care professionals
To accomplish these goals, we are:
- Funding research to increase our understanding of how lung cancer starts and progresses, and how better to detect and treat it
- Providing education to physicians, allied health professionals, and patients and their families
- Hosting events dedicated to raising awareness
- Advocating for increases in lung cancer research funding by using all possible pathways
The Pennsylvania Lung Cancer Partnership became the second state chapter of National Lung Cancer Partnership in May 2009 to support lung cancer research, awareness and change. Members include health care professionals, lung cancer survivors and advocates dedicated to decreasing deaths due to lung cancer and helping patients live longer and better. The first Free to Breathe 5K Run/Walk was held in Philadelphia, PA in November 2006, and every year since on the first Sunday in November.
For more information about getting involved, contact Sarah McIntyre, Operations Manager, PAInfo@NationalLungCancerPartnership.Org
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!