Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The California School-Based Health Alliance improves the health and academic success of children and youth by advancing health services in schools.
We envision a day when all of California's children and youth are healthy and achieving at their full potential.
We are a nonprofit organization working toward a future when all students have access to the health services they need to be successful in school. School health services include programs such as, school nurses, comprehensive school health centers, mental health/counseling and dental programs. Our work is based on two basic concepts:
- Health care should be easily accessible where kids are, and
- Schools should have the services needed to ensure that poor health is not a barrier to learning.
In California more than 200,000 children grades K-12 attend a school that has a health center, and many more have access to other types of school health services. This is an important start, but many more school health centers are needed, particularly in underserved communities.Our Goals
Healthy Children.Too many children come to school everyday suffering from conditions that seriously impact their ability to learn and succeed.
Successful Students.Healthy students miss fewer classes, are less likely to drop out and have a better chance of success in school and beyond.
Equity and Access.School health centers offer services in a place that is familiar, trusted, age-appropriate and convenient for all students and families - in school.
- Advocating for public policies that make school health services an integral part of the health care and education systems.
- Helping schools and communities start and operate school health centers.
- Ensuring high quality school health services through conferences, trainings, and technical assistance.
- Raising the visibility of school health services so their contribution is recognized by policymakers, educators, community leaders, parents and students.
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!