Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Wish Bone Canine Rescue's mission is based on Nathan Winograd's No Kill Philosophy, which states that all healthy and treatable homeless companion animals have the right to live. Only animals that are too sick, irremediably suffering or too injured to be rehabilitated, or animals that are too vicious with a poor prognosis for rehabilitation, and as such cannot be adopted into homes, should be euthanized.
We strive to save as many unwanted, homeless, and at-risk dogs as we can care for safely. In addition to directly helping dogs by taking them into our program, we also promote life-saving community solutions to the widespread and needless killing of companion animals. Wish Bone Canine Rescue primarily rescues, provides veterinary care for and rehomes dogs from high kill shelters and animal control facilities and does not discriminate by breed, health status or age.
While the dedicated volunteers at Wish Bone Canine Rescue would prefer to rescue every animal in need, they understand their limitations and live by the guiding principle:Saving just one animal won't change the world . . . but, surely, the world will change for that one animal
- We believe all dogs deserve a second chance for a new beginning.
- We do not discriminate based on a dog’s breed, age or health.
- We believe in the importance of placing each dog in a loving and caring home environment as soon as possible. This is accomplished exclusively through our foster home program.
- We place great emphasis on the rehabilitation of sick and unsocialized dogs, providing them with all necessary veterinary care.
- We spay/neuter all of our foster dogs.
- We are advocates of educating the public in the areas of proper canine care and responsible pet ownership.
"saving just one animal won’t change the world...
but, surely, the world will change for that one animal."
- Valerie Wellin
- Need admin access?