Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
North America Taiwanese Women's Association (NATWA) was founded in Los Angeles in 1988 as a non-profit organization. Our missions are as follows:
- To evoke a sense of self-esteem and enhance women's dignity,
- To oppose gender discrimination and promote gender equality,
- To fully develop women's potential and encourage their participation in public affairs,
- To contribute to the advancement of human rights and democratic development in Taiwan,
- To reach out and work with women's organization worldwide to promote peace for all.
In 2002, the NATWA Board passed an initiative to recruit members from younger generations to form "NATWA II." The purposes for establishing NATWA II are as follows:
- To establish a network- and support-based group consisting of young Taiwanese American and Canadian women from the 1.5 and 2 nd generation.
- To cultivate and promote the various talents among young Taiwanese American and Canadian wome
- To preserve Taiwanese culture and promote Taiwanese American and Canadian identity.
NATWA has more than 1,000 members in America and Canada. Our organization is divided into seven geographic regions. We have also established fourteen local chapters. In addition to the annual meeting in April, NATWA also holds mid-year leadership training camp in October
- Jennifer Kuo
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!