Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Family Life Center/Emergency Shelter in Flagler County, Florida is to stem the perpetration of Domestic Violence throughout the county through proactive programs that provide protection, intervention, education and prevention.
The Family Life Center will provide Emergency Shelter and essential support services for women and children who are victims of Domestic Violence, as well as engage the Flagler County community in Outreach Programs that focus on awareness of, and deterrents to, Domestic Violence.
The Family Life Center provides essential support services to victims of domestic violence. These provisions include Food, Clothing, Personal Care Items and Transportation, as well as the following:
- 24- Hour Crisis Counseling- Individual and Group
- Assistance in Acquiring Emergency and Non-Emergency Medical Care
- Assistance in Acquiring Legal Aid and Representation - Court Advocacy
- Referral to Agencies and Organizations for Financial Assistance
- Referral to Agencies that Provide Housing Assistance
- Referral for Employment Assistance
- Assistance in Accessing Private Counseling
- Life Skills Training (Parenting Classes, Budgeting, Assistance with GED Preparation and Other Employment Enhancement Skills, Goal Planning)
- Support Groups