Friends of Panthertown
- Sports & Recreation
LocationP.O. Box 51Cashiers, NC 28717 United States
The mission of Friends of Panthertown is to work in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service to conserve Panthertown as a backcountry natural resource and to enable sustainable recreation.
Panthertown Valley, a popular 6,311-acre backcountry recreation area with 30 miles of public trails on the Nantahala National Forest.
Our amazing volunteers are the heartbeat of our organization. Become one today.
Call (828) 269-4453 or visit panthertown.org for more information.
What We Do:
* Engage volunteers in on-the-ground efforts at weekly trail stewardship work days
* Foster environmental stewardship through outreach and education
* Restore and maintain 30 miles of public trails
* Construct trail-head facilities and repair bridges and existing structures
* Protect natural resources and monitor fragile ecosystems
* Collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions to natural resource issues
* Provide funding for conservation projects through grants and donations