The mission of the Friends of Panthertown is to work in partnership with the USDA Forest Service to conserve this outstanding natural resource while improving the quality and experience of recreational opportunities in Panthertown Valley.
The mission of the Friends of Panthertown is to work in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service to conserve the quality and experience of recreational opportunities in Panthertown Valley, a popular 6,311-acre backcountry recreation area with 30 miles of public trails on the Nantahala National Forest.
Our amazing volunteers are the heartbeat of our organization. Become one today.
Call (828) 269-4453 or visit panthertown.org for more information.
What We Do:
* Engage volunteers in on-the-ground efforts at physically distance weekly trail work days
* Foster environmental stewardship through outreach and education
* Restore and maintain trails
* Construct trail-head facilities and repair bridges and existing structures
* Protect natural resources and monitor fragile ecosystems
* Collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions to natural resource issues
* Provide funding for conservation projects through grants and membership contributions