During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The mission of the Friends of Panthertown is to work in partnership with the USDA Forest Service to conserve this outstanding natural resource while improving the quality and experience of recreational opportunities in Panthertown Valley.
The mission of the Friends of Panthertown is to work in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service to conserve the quality and experience of recreational opportunities in Panthertown Valley, a popular 6,295-acre backcountry recreation area in the Nantahala National Forest.
What We Do:
• Engage volunteers in on-the-ground efforts at monthly work days
• Foster environmental stewardship through outreach and education
• Restore and maintain trails
• Construct trail-head facilities and repair bridges and existing structures
• Protect natural resources and monitor fragile ecosystems
• Collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions to natural resource issues
• Provide funding for conservation projects through grants and membership contribution