Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Newton Mentoring Alliance is a program of The Newton Partnership (TNP), which consists of more than a dozen agencies working together to ensure that children of all ages are safe and healthy.
TNP rests on four core beliefs:
- All children deserve to have healthy lives, mind and body, and to feel safe.
- In order to achieve academically, children must feel supported, accepted, and safe.
- The foundations for success are laid in early childhood and we are capable of nourishing lifelong success in preK-12 programs.
- When families, schools, governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and communities work together to develop a circle of support, the chances for every child's success are enhanced in ways that far exceed the sum of the efforts of these groups working in isolation from each other.
The Newton Mentoring Alliance serves students in grades 6-12. We foster healthy social and emotional development of Newton youth by pairing students with a compassionate adult mentor. Through this program, we seek to:
- Reduce engagement in high-risk behaviors such as substance abuse and aggressive/violent behavior.
- Support students presenting social, emotional, behavioral and health-related issues.
- Decrease the incidences of bullying and promote a culture of respect for self and others.
- Teach youth to adopt patterns of behavior that support health and wellness.
- Increase the community’s commitment to supporting youth.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!