Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Hope Heart Institute is committed to serving humanity through cardiovascular research and education. We are dedicated to preventing and treating heart and blood vessel disease, and to improving the physical, emotional and spiritual quality of life for all at risk of - or affected by - cardiovascular disease.
Heart Disease. It's the No. 1 killer of Americans, taking more lives than the next five causes of death combined. One person in this country dies of heart disease every 33 seconds. Men, women, children - everyone is vulnerable.
But there is Hope. The Hope Heart Institute is committed to serving humanity through cardiovascular research and education. We are dedicated to preventing and treating heart and blood vessel disease, and to improving the physical, emotional and spiritual quality of life for all at risk of - or affected by - cardiovascular disease.
- A 501(c)3 non-profit cardiovascular research and education institute
- Founded in 1959 by world-renowned cardiac surgeon Lester Sauvage, M.D.
- Named for legendary entertainer and benefactor Bob Hope, whose close friend Bing Crosby suffered from heart disease
- Kids Take Heart: hands-on health curriculum for 3-5th graders targeting anatomy, fitness, nutrition, stress and goal-setting
- Youth Take Heart: science curriculum targeting 6-8th graders in partnership with the University of Washington and MESA. Curriculum focuses on heart anatomy, the causes of cardiovascular disease, heart-healthy nutrition and physical activity, and biotechnological solutions for repairing damaged heart and vascular tissue
- Teen Take Heart: high school science curriculum in development with Seattle University. Aims to promote wellness and prevent cardiovascular disease through in-class instructional and kit-based lessons. In addition, students are coached to lead outreach events and provide health-related resources to their community
- Heart Restart: outreach focusing on sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and the importance of knowing CPR and AEDs for all populations with a specific focus on SCA in athletes
- Women Take Heart: program serving women, who have more deaths and disabilities due to heart attacks than men, by providing screenings, presentations, and education on heart-healthy lifestyles that is applicable to the whole family
- Business Take Heart: engaging program that reaches businesses with a variety of health challenges that are geared toward encouraging healthy habits
- Founder Dr. Sauvage pioneered coronary artery bypass graft surgery, revolutionizing cardiac care around the world.
- Hope Health Publications are the most widely-read health publications in the world, reaching more than a million people each month.