Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to offer long-term ecological solutions to stimulate struggling economies in areas of developing countries recovering from disaster.
A FEW OF OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Participation in recovery and livelihood enhancement projects more effectually invests people in their own long-term recuperation.
- Creating innovative solutions by synthesizing traditional and scientific knowledge must include affected community members in every step: needs assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Improvements to initiatives must be cyclical and based on evaluation by community participants and technical supporters.
- Indices of success and effectiveness include eventually handing over every element of a project to local constituents.
- Empower individuals and communities with skills and knowledge rather than handouts and charity.
- Sustainability must balance social, economic and ecological elements, AKA, the triple bottom-line.
- We currently have ongoing initiatives in Sri Lanka and Haiti.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!