Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Houston Crackdown is a division of Mayor Annise D. Parker's Office for Public Safety and Drug Policy that coordinates and supports volunteer projects in the areas of substance abuse prevention, treatment and law enforcement. Working together, everyone in the greater Houston community has the knowledge, skills and sense of self-responsibility to create a society free of fear, crime and the negative impact of drugs, including alcohol and tobacco.
HOUSTON CRACKDOWN IS HELPING YOU AND PEOPLE IN YOUR COMMUNITY BY SERVING AS:
- A catalyst for community mobilization, neighborhood enrichment, and collaborative strategic planning.
- A source of funding for prevention and treatment programs through the Houston Crackdown Bright Ideas Community Grant Fund.
- A public policy organization monitoring alcohol and other drug-related legislation and regulations, and advising the Mayor and Houston Crackdown members on the potential effect of these issues at the local level.
- A 24-hour bilingual Drug Information Line (713.247.8888) providing access to treatment and recovery resources; specific drug information for parents and youth; information on how to report illegal activity; and how to get involved in neighborhood prevention activities.
- A volunteer coalition of individuals and organizations dedicated to reducing substance abuse in Houston and Harris County.
- A community awareness campaign about the negative effects of substance abuse and ways to deal with it, both individually and collectively.
- An information and referral network for substance abuse programs and events.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!