Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We cultivate common ground and help people resolve conflict in our diverse communities through mediation, facilitation, training and restorative justice: Services that Encourage Effective Dialogue and Solutions.
We see conflict as an opportunity for positive growth and transformation in our society. We envision a future in which all individuals and communities have the skills and capacity to engage in effective dialogue and promote peaceful resolution of issues and conflicts.
Statement of Core Values
- Access for All: Keeping our services affordable and available to all regardless of ability to pay.
- Volunteerism: Integrating the skills, energy, and talents of community volunteers at all levels of the organization and program services.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Ensuring that our staff, board, and volunteers reflect the diverse communities we serve. Developing appropriate programs, models, and competencies that help bridge cross-cultural and other differences.
- Fostering Learning and Growth: Creating opportunities and an environment where everyone can share, nurture, and disseminate the skills, concepts, and practices necessary to promote effective dialogue and solutions.
- Collaboration: Creating teams and collaborative partnerships both within the organization and in the wider communities we serve to cross-pollinate ideas and experiences, and leverage limited resources to carry out our mission and vision.
Community Mediation - GOT CONFLICT? Don't Stress, Don't Fight, Don't Litigate. MEDIATE.
SEEDS offers trained, neutral mediators to help you and others in conflict find constructive solutions that meet everyone's needs.
SEEDS provides same-day mediation services for Small Claims Court in Hayward, and in Civil Harassment Court in Oakland and Hayward, to reduce expense and improve outcomes.
Could your groups and meetings be more participatory and productive? SEEDS will custom design a process to help your group, organization or community work more collaboratively and achieve goals and outcomes.
Would you like to improve your ability to communicate and problem-solve? SEEDS will help you or your organization cultivate your skills and capacity to manage conflict, communicate more effectively, and develop lasting solutions.
Through restorative processes, SEEDS helps to create caring communities in our courts, schools, and neighborhoods.
Want more information about conflict resolution and SEEDS? SEEDS can send you brochures and/or come speak to your group about the benefits of mediation, how to resolve your own conflicts more effectively and how to access SEEDS' services when needed.
Don't know where to begin? Every call with SEEDS starts with an intake and consultation to explore how we might be able to assist you, your group or your organization.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!