Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to expand economic opportunities through affordable housing and community development.
Affordable Housing and Community Development Corporation (AHC) was incorporated on July 24, 1995 in response to the results of a local housing needs assessment. The 1994 study reported that the rate of homeownership was slipping and one-third of Grant County renters were paying more than 30% of their income for housing.
In 1997, we were certified as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) and have been a HUD-approved housing counseling agency continuously in good standing since 2001. We are certified to provide homeownership education, counseling and to participate in the Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN).
In partnership with public and private investors, we have completed over $17 million in housing and community development projects. We have successfully administered 30 federal HOME and CDBG grants and Home Energy Conservation Program (Weatherization) grants.
Programs and Partnerships
We respond to the needs of people with limited incomes struggling to achieve financial security through a strategic mix of asset-building programs and partnerships including:
- Developing, owning, and managing affordable multi-family and single-family units for rent and sale
- Weatherizing homes and making home repairs
- Administering federal and state grants on behalf of local units of government and other nonprofits
- Providing comprehensive housing counseling services and financial assistance for homeownership
- Matching savings for homeownership, education, employment training, and small businesses
- Loan packaging for USDA and other financial assistance for first-time homebuyers
- Training, technical assistance, and loan servicing for micro-entrepreneurs
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!