Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of The Harbour School is to provide a supportive, caring and individualized education to learning disabled and multi-disabled children. The program is tailored to meet the individual needs of the child rather than asking the child to adapt to an existing program. The child's learning style dictates our program.
It is our mission to assist each child to attain a feeling of academic and personal achievement and success commensurate with the child's abilities. Personal achievement includes success in social, physical and vocational skills.
Our purpose is to keep The Harbour School a safe place where children with learning disabilities become successful learners.
The Harbour School is one of the largest non-profit schools in Maryland dedicated to the education and treatment of children with learning disabilities, autism, language disabilities, ADD/ADHD and multiple disabilities.
Since its founding in 1982 by Dr. Linda Jacobs, the school has provided a very special education to hundreds of exceptional children ages 6-21 whose needs could not be met in the public schools.
Our graduates are among the most successful anywhere. Based on our annual survey of our graduates over 95% are employed, in post secondary education or both.
The Harbour School is located in Annapolis and Owings Mills. Our comprehensive services include:
- Special Education Instruction provided by highly skilled teachers, assistant teachers, and behavior assistants
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Clinical Services by social workers and psychologists
- Occupational Therapy for fine motor skills
- Physical Therapy for gross motor skills
- Job Training and Placement
- Inter-mural sports teams
- Social Skills and extra-curricular activities including Prom and Overnight Trips
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!