Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To eliminate companion animal suffering & pet overpopulation through aggressive spay/neuter, adoptions, community outreach programs, and education
- Focus spay/neuter efforts on targeted neighborhoods, feral cats, and at-risk dog breeds to reduce the local impound and euthanasia rate.
- Form local coalitions with other rescue groups, animal control agencies, and community leaders.
- Educate target groups to raise awareness about responsible pet ownership.
- Rescue, rehabilitate, and place homeless, unwanted, and abandoned companion animals into permanent homes.
- Foster youth involvement through animal-related educational programs.
Heaven Can Wait Animal Society is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to eradicating the senseless euthanasia of more than 30,000 animals annually in southern Nevada. A leader in education and awareness of the principles of responsible pet ownership, HCWS has saved thousands of animals through its sterilization, rescue and rehabilitation programs including:
- Feral Cat Clinic, controlling the overpopulation and suffering of feral cats;
- Ground Zero, offering affordable spay and neuter programs;
- It's the Pits, focusing on sterilization of Pit Bull and Pit-mixed breeds;
- Tales to Tails, fostering children's literacy utilizing trained dogs;
- Pups on Parole, pairing homeless rescue animals with inmates in local correctional facilities for rehabilitation and reintroduction into society;
- Pawsitively Seniors, permanently placing mature animals in a loving environment and providing seniors with a bond of love, respect and animal companionship;
- Angels For Animals, Angels For Animals, teaching school children from K-12 how to humanely treat companion animals; and
- HCWS Youth Group, offering youth ages 10-16 a chance to learn about animal care and spay and neuter programs.
In June 2009, HCWS opened a high-volume, low-cost spay and neuter clinic as part of its W.A.R. project (War Against Reproduction) to control overpopulation and reduce the number of unwanted pets in Las Vegas. The clinic is the first of its kind in Las Vegas.
- Steve Dice
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!