Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
As a Christ-centered learning community, Simpson University develops students in mind, faith, and character to influence the world through leadership, scholarship, and service.
Within the framework of its mission, Simpson University shall constantly strive to fulfill the following objectives:
1. To cultivate in each student an awareness of God and His will and a complete dedication to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
2. To offer the student a broad education designed to develop the academic, social, physical and spiritual life.
3. To foster intellectual growth; to develop lifelong habits of self-directed study through a program of scholarship that seeks to examine the world of knowledge.
4. To crystallize a value system and an authority system as they relate to the privileges and responsibilities of contemporary life in a global context.
5. To help the student grow in appreciation of and sensitivity to the arts and in development of balance and good taste in lifestyle.
6. To provide an environment within which life-directing vocational decisions can be made which honor God and bring fulfillment to the learner.
7. To equip our graduates with the knowledge and skills to achieve fulfillment in professional and vocational life callings.
8. To develop in each student through the entire curricular and co-curricular programming, a fervent, God-conscious Christian experience kindled with the flame of lifestyle evangelism and missionary passion.
Values Supremacy of Jesus Christ
The Lord Jesus Christ is God revealed to us through His incarnation, the Scriptures and the expressed work of the Holy Spirit. We measure our being, beliefs, and actions against truth as revealed through Jesus Christ. Jesus being man emphasized the uniqueness of humankind. Because God in creation gave special attention to humanity, so should we. In the Lord Jesus Christ we live and move and have our being.
Intentional Dynamic Growth and Development
Simpson University is a Christ-centered community called to education. We want to develop fully our bodies, minds, souls, and spirits so that we reflect His character (which includes holiness, love, purity, justice, and mercy), wisdom and concerns for all people in all nations. We emphasize spiritual formation and academic learning.
Integrity includes adoption of a biblically centered morality, congruence in thought and action, wholeness, justice, grace, and being responsible and accountable. Persons of integrity guard all relationships to assure alignment with Jesus Christ and His revelation.
In a community people are valued; differences accepted; authentic care extended; and common purposes emphasized. All relationships include the presence of fidelity, loyalty, trust, compassion, respect, love, encouragement, kindness, humility, and commitment to common purposes, which at Simpson University is learning in a community that is spiritually motivated. In this environment unity will be experienced.
To remain dynamic and growing in the current cultural environment we resolve to be creative, take risks, be flexible and work to stay on the cutting edge. We will use innovation as a means to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Excellence is not to be confused with perfection. While we are always striving to improve, we are not perfect.
We are called to reflect Christ's selflessness in our attitudes and ministries as we serve across the globe. As His servants we specifically recognize our responsibilities to society. We strive to be exceptional citizens with a healthy influence on our culture as well as Christ's church.
We are stewards or managers of God's creation and gifts. We particularly recognize the need to develop our minds (learning), care for our bodies (right living), enrich our spirits (spiritual formation) and manage our time and physical resources (priority setting). We seek to maintain a balance based on the Gospel and truth.