Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
SF CARE is a collaboration between St. Paulus Lutheran, San Francisco Night Ministry, and Welcome. Together we seek to work together to enable the most vulnerable residents of San Francisco, especially those with mental health issues, to improve their quality of life. We seek to help our parishioners to see hope and to connect with their faith or their God by providing spiritual care and practical support day and night. We hope to inspire vitality and advocacy among our constituent groups and explore the possibilities for city wide impact.
Between our three comprising bodies, we currently:
- feed many people in a respectful environment each week at several different times and locations
- provide middle of the night non-judgmental pastoral care and crisis intervention
- hold a variety of worship services (four of them outside) each week
- grow a bounty of fresh produce to give away
- distribute socks, blankets and other necessities
- provide service referrals.
In the future we hope to:
- increase our advocacy for and with those we serve
- develop homeless anti-poverty programs
- create a GED preparation program
- train deacons to lead support groups in the City’s SRO’s
- recruit volunteers to accompany those we serve to various types of appointments
- create both a community arts center and a community theater for those living on the margins.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!