Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Ohio Animal Foundation is to promote philanthropy and volunteerism to improve the lives of animals, to encourage wildlife appreciation and protection, to reduce the number of homeless pets in our state and to make grants that support initiatives that work toward lasting positive change for animals.
A Positive Community Resource!
Celebrating life with animals is more than just our tagline. It is the ultimate goal of our organization. Strengthening the human-animal bond is a key element in keeping pets out of the shelters and in their homes for life, as well as in fostering a greater understanding and appreciation of our native wildlife. When the human-animal bond is strong, the result is humane and compassionate communities with fewer companion animals in shelters, on the street, or in abusive homes and peaceful co-existence with our wild neighbors.
Where do we come in? We provide pet owners and animal lovers with the resources and information they need to strengthen the human-animal bond, such as:
- Up-to-date resource listings for pet food assistance programs, low cost spay/neuter services, pet medical assistance programs, pet loss support groups
- Comprehensive behavior and training information
- Comprehensive health and wellness information
- Environmental enrichment
- Information on humane wildlife interaction and appreciation
- Activities and events that support the human-animal bond such as dog parks, animal-related social gatherings, educational workshops and benefits