Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The California Collaborative Fisheries Research Program has been conducting marine ecological research collaboratively with fishermen for more than 15 years. For the past six years, we have been conducting collaborative fisheries projects to utilize the expertise of both scientists and fishermen to better understand the health of the fish stocks and marine ecosystems in California.Our research program has several broad goals:
* to utilize the extensive expertise of fishermen and skippers to develop and execute a scientifically sound research program;
* to collect data to assess the effectiveness of Marine Protected Areas on the nearshore fish assemblage;
* to collect data that can be utilized in federal stock assessments of nearshore species;
* to engage the public in research and education about marine conservation and stewardship.
The Fisheries & Conservation Biology Lab at Moss Landing Marine Laboratories conducts activites in research, education, and outreach covering four primary areas.
- Providing technical advice, training and leadership to help governmental agencies, environmental organizations, and resource users develop and coordinate coastal resource management plans,
- Conducting research on nearshore species such as rockfishes, lingcod, and groupers to help promote the wise use, conservation, and management of valuable fishery resources,
- Working with scientists, fishermen, and non-governmental organizations to design and evaluate Marine Protected Areas in California,
- Helping promote and coordinate marine research and education in this region.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!